Saturday, March 24, 2012

Looking Up and Beyond

"My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up."
Psalms 5:3
Hi!


It's been awhile.  Truth is - I needed a break from writing and attending school.  I have been reminded that life is not only unfair, but also short.  My mom passed away last summer after many years of poor health.  We celebrated her 75th birthday that weekend and on her actual birthday passed away.  Now my dad will be undergoing surgery to remove a tumor in his colon.  A weak heart further complicates the surgery.


My dad is still the funniest person I know, rivaled only by my youngest daughter.  She's the one that would be a vegetarian if it weren't for bacon.  She's the one that wonders why she is not allowed to watch certain shows when she hears the same language on the school bus - and what does those words mean anyway?  Well, he is sort of like that.  He is not concerned about ever living in the house he just bought in Florida.  He is more curious to see if the Mayan calendar actually predicts the end of the world in 2012.  (I've learn to just accept and not try to understand).


I believe in prayer.  If you believe in prayer, please include my dad in one of them.  He would be disappointed to miss the opportunity to see if the world will end in 2012.  What can I say - he's my dad.


In the meanwhile, I will return to being outspoken, writing, and advocating for what I believe is right.  That is the kind of person my parents raised me to be.

In Loving Memory of Dora Hilda Estrada Laureano Mendoza

No comments: